IMPORTANTE AVISO LEGAL: - IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: (por favor leia / please read)

500% Dynamite: Ska Soul Rocksteady Funk & Dub in Jamaica

Moderador: DIGI

skip
Membro VIP
Registado: 06 ago 2006, 10:16

500% Dynamite: Ska Soul Rocksteady Funk & Dub in Jamaica

Mensagem por skip »

For the fifth instalment in the Dynamite series, the astute compilers have stuck to the tried and tested formula of mixing contemporary and classic dub, reggae and ska. The end product is another great compilation of up-tempo dancehall floor fillers evenly interspersed with softer more chilled-out dub plates. So, Red Rat rocks the floor with his raga stylings on "Goody 2 Shoes", a natural progression from his all-time classic track "Shelly-Ann", while the ever-reliable Toots & the Maytals slow things down for "Bam Bam". There are also some unexpected gems, including Marcia Aitken's "I'm Still In Love", which, to the uninitiated, formed the basis for Althea & Donna's perennial favourite "Uptown Top Ranking" and Tiger Ranks' "Party Wit Me" which has more than a little in common with Eminem's "My Name Is". For those in the know, this will be a more than worthy addition to a treasured collection. For anyone else, this is a great introduction to a consistently excellent series. --Helen Marquis

. Morgan Heritage & Bounty Killer - Guns In The Ghetto
2. Augustus Pablo - East Of The River Nile
3. Red Rat - Goody 2 Shoes
4. Mudie's All-stars - Loran's Dance
5. Jacob Miller - Healing Of The Nation
6. Joe Gibbs - African Dub Chapter Three
7. Sister Charmaine - The Body
8. Byron Lee - Frankenstein
9. Freddie - Mcgregor - Natural Collie
10. Tiger Ranks - Party Wit Me
11. Marcia Aitken - I'm Still In Love
12. Toots & The Maytals - Bam Bam